I am new to the list and I have some technical questions - would be great
if someone could explain.
Basically I have a Canon 1220U scanner and snooped on it's USB packets
and written a small test program that scans at 75dpi (as packets are
smaller in this case). Now before doing anything else I wonder whether
someone can explain to me how scanners look to programmer in general
and how to interpret register data that I have.
* I think I found 3 sets of data that looks like gamma. Does it make
* The scanner is said to be 30 (or 32 ?) bit but I only get 24bit data
is it supposed to be so ?
* I also have 2 of 3 sets (one for R, G and B) of bitmasks that seem
to turn sensors on and off. (when bit is unset the data comes in as
0 ). What are they for ?
* there are also some registers that drive the motor - I can use them
but if there are some general ideas about how they should work I'll
be happy to listen
* I don't understand how sensor is switched from 75dpi mode to higher
dpi mode. (i.e. I can drive the carriage at different resolutions,
but I don't know how to get the sensor to output higher precision
thank you very much
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Jan 18 2001 - 12:57:37 PST