Re: problem installing sane

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 10:55:31 PST

    On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 08:37:03PM -0500, Jack and Julie Saba wrote:
    > checking for SANE - version >= 1.0.0... no
    > *** Could not run SANE test program, checking why...
    > ERROR: SANE is needed for compiling sane-frontends
    > - if you installed SANE as rpm make sure you
    > also included sane-devel
    >
    > I even tried reinstalling the sane-backend after running
    > ldconfig, and then rerunning ldconfig after this reinstall,
    > which didn't seem likely to help, and it didn't.

    Run "make distclean" in sane-frontends to be sure that there are no
    cached results. After that run ./configure again. If this doesn't help:

    * Is there another version of SANE (e.g. from your distribution)
      installed somewhere? --> remove it.
    * Please send the output of configure (some more lines above the error
      message) and the config.log (beginning with "checking for sane-config")
    * Please send the output of sane-config --version and sane-config --cflags
    * Please do "ls -l /usr/local/lib/libsane*" and
      "ls -l /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane-dll*"

    Maybe we can find out the source of the problem this way.

    Bye,
      Henning