Re: astra 3400

From: rm (lists@async.cx)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 06:11:05 PST

    On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I started looking at the Mustek Bearpaw 1200, which has a LM9831.
    > You know http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Mouse/5403/ ?
    > If you have questions, you can try to ask the chip developers directly.
    > Maybe you can get the development software this way.

            yes, unfortunately there was no dev software there (broken link).
    i did email the contact listed, but i don't expect a reply until the new
    year. i was looking in the sane-devel list archive and saw a mail from
    someone else at national as well. has anyone kept in touch with this
    gentleman?

    > That's right. This is the information for the 9831:
    > Byte 0: read (1) or write (0). Use incremental write/read: add 2.

            good to know i managed to figure this out :D

    > I'm interested. Do you want to write a backend? Otherwise I will start
    > to write one for the Mustek Bearpaw soon.

            i wrote a program which did what i saw being done in the snoop'ed
    windows driver, but it didn't seem to do much. (it did return the
    expected values though). i suspect i missed some small but important
    detail. have you gotten any further?

            if you want to write the backend feel free (especially if you've
    had experience doing sane backends); this isn't high on my list
    unfortunately. i will be willing to help code and test though.
            anyway, thanks for the reply, hopefully we can get something
    working before too long.
                            regards,
                              rob