Re: Snapscan.... Help!

From: John Coppens (jcoppens@linux2.uccor.edu.ar)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 20:20:34 PST

    Hi Chris!

    Thanks for the reply. This certainly pushed me in the right direction. I tried several combinations
    of scanner/usbscanner in /dev and /dev/usb, but never hit on the correct one till your mail.
    It wasn't enough though. I also had to edit manually scanimage.h to add the SNAPSCAN
    1212U_2 line. From then on things started to look up...

    I tried a few scans - made a preview that came out monochrome (this normal?). Generally
    the scanner seems to be slow. After hours of testing I did some social life for a while, when
    I came back scanner was dead: I cannot use the 'sleep' button, and no programs run
    anymore. Dmesg says:

    scanner.c: write_scanner: NAK recieved.
    usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

    find-scanner hangs and times out after a minute or so. Same for other programs...

    I rmmod and re-insmodded the scanner, no difference. Tried the same with usb-uhci,
    and the scanner light went out/on/out, but still no action with the sane programs.

    Suggestions?

    John

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:56:25 -0500 cbagwell@sprynet.com wrote/El dddd> You might want to look for an email I sent out a while back on snapscan and USB gotchas.