Re: HP 3300C

From: Jay Higley (higleyj@xontech.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 05:07:14 PST

    I also have an HP3300C which I have been trying to get working with SANE.
    So far I have determined that (similar to the HP5300) the 3300 is a
    rebranded Avision scanner, the engine of which is supported by the SANE
    Avision driver (haven't been able to verify this). In order to make the
    3300 work with SANE, you have to go through the same process as for the
    5300; upgrade to the 2.4 kernel which is patched with the new USB scanner
    driver mentioned in the 5300 mini-howto, and patch the Avision backend to
    recognise the vendor string output by the 3300.

    I have been unable to attempt this process yet, as I can not upgrade to
    the 2.4 kernel. I am running my system on a Tekram 395U SCSI controller,
    the driver for which I had to patch into the 2.2 kernel. This driver (for
    the Tekram card) does not support the 2.4 kernel. So, I am unable to move
    to 2.4 until someone (possibly me) spends the time to port the driver to
    2.4. If you succeed in getting your 3300 working with SANE I would
    greatly like to hear about it. Good luck.

    -Jay Higley