Re: Mustek 600 II EP support ?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 03:23:58 PST

    On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 12:18:35PM +1100, Dave Creelman wrote:
    > " The scanner Paragon 600 II ED won't be supported by mustek_pp. Maybe
    > it is possible to support it by the Mustek (SCSI) backend because it
    > seems to be a SCSI over parallel port scanner. This can take some time."
    >
    > Is this the same scanner as the Mustek 600 II EP ?

    Probably. I tried to get it running with the Mustek SCSI backend but
    had no success. At least it can't be tricked to behave as a 600 II N
    (which is supported) easily. I will try again after the release of
    SANE 1.0.4.

    > If this is a SCSI over parallel, what is involved in getting it to work
    > ?

    I think it's SCSI-over-parallel but that's just a guess (the scanner
    looks like all the A4 SCSI scanners and is completely different to the
    Parallel Port scanners).

    To really understand what type of scanner this is it would be
    necessary to listen to the data sent from the Windows driver to the
    parallel port.

    Bye,
      Henning