Re: Mustek 12000SP works! but color wash out seen

From: Kurt Savegnago (ksaves2@theramp.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 15:45:13 PST

    Hi Henning,

       By washout I mean that the coloration is very decreased in
    intensity. Sometimes the images have a predominately bluish
    cast or even almost appear monotone. It is not a monitor
    issue as it functions fine. The image in the preview
    box looks acceptable and I can't figure out why when I
    do a formal acquisition of an image the saved data appears
    pale when displayed with XV or GIMP. Yes I do have the
    dialog set for color! :)

      I'm not really losing any sleep over this but I will
    go ahead tonight and play with the gamma values and see
    what turns up. I use this same monitor to work with
    my ALR/H-P 6300C combination and the images are just great.
    I think it might be easier to fool with the gamma values
    with xsane and see if I can save some acceptable scans

      I am not implying that the software is at issue here.
    I'm thinking I might have some setting wrong.

                                    Best regards,
                                    Kurt Savegnago
                                    ksaves2@theramp.net