Re: ADF-support in hp-backend

From: Jeffrey H. Ingber (jhingber@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:53:51 PST

    Hello Peter,

       I built sane from tonight's CVS (6-Dec.) and the problems I mentioned
    with ADF/XPA scanning seem to have been fixed. I can scan from either
    source when both devices are connected simultaneously. The first time I
    ran xscanimage from within Gimp and changed the scan source, xscanimage
    segfaulted; however, I have been performing scans throughout the evening
    from both scan sources without a problem. I haven't done a checkout in
    a few weeks so I don't know if your last commit contained the specific
    fix or not. As it stands, the 6350C seems to be working flawlessly.
    Thanks!

       On a side note, HP has a scanner called a "6390" which I have working
    with the HP backend. The scanner is basically a 6300 series unit with a
    different software bundle and a transparency adapter.

       Thanks again,
       Jeffrey H. Ingber (jhingber@ix.netcom.com)