Sg devices on Mac hardware.

From: Jerry Fritschle (jerryfritschle@mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 15:20:02 PST

    I am running LinuxPPC2000 on a beige Mac G3/300, and have installed sane
    1.0.3. When I run scanimage, I get 'no SANE devices found.' My scanner is a
    Umax 1220S. Everything works fine under MacOS.

    I have been through the faq, and the author thereof has been kind enough to
    correspond with me privately. However, this seems to be a Mac-centric issue,
    so I can use some help here.
    The debug output is reproduced below. Basically, she throws up when /dev/sga
    tries to load. It doesn't matter whether I'm running as root.

    From what I've been able to gather on my own, the problem seems more to do
    with sg devices than anything else. Anyone who has been down this road with a
    Mac is welcome to drop me a line.

    TIA

    Jerry

    [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of dll to 255.