Re: Umax 2200 Scsi - PIII 800 Mhz

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 08:33:37 PST

    abel deuring wrote:

    > I am far away from understanding the driver, but I suspect that the "if
    > (ata_cdbu[h][0] == 0x12)" clips the data size for the INQUIRY command to
    > 0x24 bytes. A number of scanners, including Umax, return more data for
    > this command. And the data clipped off by the atp870u driver might be
    > essential for the Umax backend. (Oliver, correct me, if I'm wrong)

    Hi Abel, hi Stephen

    the inquiry of umax scanners is about 160 bytes.
    I don`t know what the scsi-driver does.
    The umax-backend sends its own inquiry commands
    and expects that the scsi-driver does not cut the
    inquiry length. If the driver does cut the lenfth
    to less than about 180 bytes the umax backend may
    get in trouble.

    This has nothing to do with sane, it is a scsi driver
    problem. I suggest to inform the author of the scsi driver
    and/or to buy a good scsi controller card.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch