Re: Re: Feature freeze for 1.0.4

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 08:36:00 PST

    sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 07:35:22PM +0000, Timo Hoderlein wrote:
    >> I am not a developper, but just a poor user (beginner). I asked > because
    > > I had trouble with the normal sane-1.0.3-release (and rpm-package) > and
    > > had to incorporate the updates on the snapscan for the scanner to > work
    > > fine. So it would be logic to incorporate those changes into a new
    > > release, wouldn't it?

    > Yes. If the snapscan developers believe that their code is stable
    > enough it can be added to SANE CVS after the release of 1.0.4.

    > Bye,
    > Henning

    It appears quite stable... Matter of fact so far we mostly have only
    implemented stability patches on top of the 1.0.3 snapscan drivers.
    Well, I guess the USB patches are pretty big.

    It would have been nice to get the snapscan driver into 1.0.4
    but I understand the need for code freezes. We just started our
    main work about the time the freeze was announced.

    It would be best if we could at least change the web page address
    in the .desc file for 1.0.4 so users know were to look after they
    see that the snapscan driver isn't going to work for them.
    I'm not sure that we really have a snapscan representative with
    SANE CVS access. Would someone with current access like to take
    that roll? I see that "pere" has made the most recent commits.

    Chris