Re: Latest CVS of Snapscan

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 07:50:21 PST

    sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > I was just playing around with my scanner again, and I thought I'd > try CVSing
    > the latest code for snapscan to see what would happen. After > compiling, it
    > looks like color scans are broken for me. Greyscale and lineart work > fine
    > though. I uncommented the TxSource_remaining line and substituted it > for the
    > new replacement code,and thigs are back to where they were before.

    Yes, my fault there. As Steve explained after I submitted that, my change was invalid. I will revert the one change back and try to reapproach the problem by having the measure_transfer_speed() scan
    a buffer big enough so that the absorbing of data that the RGB
    code needs to do is not a problem.

    The strange thing is that I can only scan at 600 dpi with the current
    code on my Acer 640BU scanner. I tested scans at 150 up to 1200 dpi
    and it all worked. Oh well, out it goes. :-) As you mentioned,
    it should only effect color scans.

    Chris