Latest CVS of Snapscan

From: Ian Cartwright (icartwright@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 14:03:09 PST

    Hello all,

    I was just playing around with my scanner again, and I thought I'd try CVSing
    the latest code for snapscan to see what would happen. After compiling, it
    looks like color scans are broken for me. Greyscale and lineart work fine
    though. I uncommented the TxSource_remaining line and substituted it for the
    new replacement code,and thigs are back to where they were before.

    This eliminates that code as a problem with my particular scannert (Acer
    Prisa 320U on FreeBSD). I was looking at the rest of snapscan-sources.c and I
    was wondering if a problem such as mine (where the first chunk of data comes
    from the scanner fine, and the rest gets progressively garbled as the scan
    progresses) might be due to the buffering used to read the SCSI commands. I'm
    not much of a programmer and I'm not familiar with the code, but I took a
    look at it to see if anything jumped out at me...

    As always, any suggestions anyone may have are welcome!

    Cheers,

    Ian