Re: new patch for HP OfficeJet support

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henningmg@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 10:44:21 PST

    On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 04:40:42AM -0800, David Paschal wrote:
    > Attached is a patch containing the remainder of the changes that are needed
    > to enable support for SCL-based HP OfficeJet multi-function peripherals.
    > Peter Kirchgessner has already committed to CVS all of the code changes to
    > the HP backend. What's left are changes to acinclude.m4, configure.in,
    > config.h.in, hp.desc, and sane-hp.man. This is actually my second try;
    > hopefully my changes to the configure process are acceptable this time.
    > If there are no objections to these changes, could you or somebody else
    > commit to CVS the changes to acinclude.m4, configure.in, and config.h.in?

    Looks OK for me. Maybe add a (default=/usr/local) to the configure
    help text? I can only test that it doesn't harm compilation without
    the ptal header/lib.

    If nobody objects I will add this to CVS at Saturday or Sunday.

    > Once I get confirmation that those changes are approved and checked in, I
    > will work with Peter to get hp.desc and sane-hp.man committed.

    Concerning hp.desc: The meaning of "interface" is how the scanner is
    connected to the computer by hardware (to distinguish e.g. USB and
    SCSI models). So this would be "Parport" in your case if I understood
    correctly. Look at template.desc. for details. You may add some words
    about ptal in :comment.

    Please put things like "partial support" to the comment column also
    (because ther is not too much room in the "model" column with most web
    browsers).

    Bye,
      Henning