xscanimage

From: ld kelley (larry) (ldk@ldkelley.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 15:08:51 PST

    I have just installed sane on an Solaris 8 (10/00) system (Ultra 60).
    I have added code to the SCSI interface to use the USCSI interface
    of the sgen (SCSI generic passthrough) driver released with Solaris 8.

    I have a UMAX Astra 2400 and I have no problems using scanimage (command
    line) to get scans.

    I would like to send back the changes. What is the accepted method
    for this?

    Also, xscanimage is giving me fits (I am not a gui person). I can
    preview the image (works great). But when I scan, it goes through
    the motions, produces a file but the file is garbage. Any ideas.

    I am using the gtk/glib that come on the "Bonus Software" cd that
    ship with Solaris 8 cds. Any ideas?

    thanks,
      -larry

    Larry D. Kelley: ldk@ldkelley.com
            "When you open your Windows you'll see a light blue sky filled
             with clouds. If you look past the clouds, you'll only see the Sun."
                 -- Alan Orndorff