Re: Latest snapscan non-portable

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 09:00:50 PST

    > I've downloaded the latest snapscan sources, and they cannot be
    > compiled on NT
    > or OS/2. This is due to the use of the System V style semaphores.
    > Would it be
    > possible to use a more portable form of IPC?

    I've read bits and pieces on the mailing list that other parts of
    SANE do not compile under OS/2 and remember something about
    semiphores being discuessed in regards to the sanei_scsi.c
    drivers. Is this related?

    I've been looking at how sanei_scsi.c deals with different platform
    and think I'll add the same for snapscan's USB drivers... If your
    not a known Unix system then you'll just get stub USB functions.

    I'm assuming that OS/2 does not have USB drivers and that NT
    doesn't have support for a /dev/scanner type device (I don't
    see it being done in the sanei_scsi.c file anyways so I don't
    see why they'd have it for USB).

    Chris