[snapscan] USB (kind of) autodetection

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 16:57:17 PST

    I will put a new version of snapscan at
    http://download.sourceforge.net/snapscan
    which should not require any modification before compiling for an usb
    model.

    The autodetection part is very basic: it searches for "usb" in the
    device name of the scanner (it should be easily changed for a more
    clever solution). There are limits in snapscan-usb.c so that the only
    possible device is /dev/usbscanner. I don't want to touch this part
    because I can't test it (I have no USB scanner).

    It has only been tested with one scsi model, so there may be some
    mistakes...

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net