Re: TODO list

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 11:11:30 PST

    kwlee wrote:

    > well, i need a API which frontend can query backend the warm up remaining
    > time.
    > humm this is necessary for no-cpu(or firmware) CCD scanner(not for CIS one)
    > drivers have to check the lamp is warming up enough.
    > this behavior is only necessary for user the first time connect the power,
    > if the lamp always turn-on, there is no need to check warm up remain time...

    Hi,

    where is the need for this. Do you want to display
    "Scanner needs xyz seconds for warming up?"

            I think this may be nice but is not necessary for function

    or do you want that the driver waits until the
    scanner lamp is warmed up

            there is no need to do this in the frontend.
            The backend asks the scanner for warmup time
            and does sleep() until the time is over
            or does query the scanner until it answers
            "lamp warmed up"

    Bye
    Oliver

    --