Re: TODO list

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 11:18:26 PST

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > I see. So maybe we can just add some sort of callback mechanism
    > (pseudocode):
    >
    > SANE_Status
    > sane_set_message_callback (message_call_back_function_pointer m)
    >
    > So with using this, the frontend tells the backend that it can handle
    > messages.

    Hi Henning,

    we should not add such "hacks" to the existing sane standard.
    We can think about adding a callback to sane-2.0, in that case
    the frontend does not need to tell the backend what it can do
    (SANE defines that a sane-2.0 backend will not work with a 1.0 frontend).

    > In your case you could pop up the message "Remaining time for warm-up:
    > xx seconds. Do you want to scan immediately or wait for warm-up?"

    For this the backend should define a bool option
    "fast warmup" or a range "warmup time (1..300 sec)".
    (for sane-1)

    Bye
    Oliver

    --