Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 15:19:36 PST

    On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 10:02:43PM -0000, Simon Munton wrote:
    > I'd like to get sane-pie for Scanace and Blackwidow scanners included in
    > 1.0.4. The current source, as a patch against 1.0.3 is on
    > http://www.munton.demon.co.uk/sane Should I get access to CVS myself to add
    > the source files; or do you want to check it first?

    The source looks pretty good. I think it can be included into SANE. I
    think it's ok if you include it yourself, but ask Petter Reinholdtsen
    about that (you have to ask him about CVS access in any case).

    Some things I noticed:
    pie.c:
      * some warnings about unused parameters and variables and a
        comparison between signed and unsigned occur
      * Why NDEBUG is undefined? (I don't know why somebody would use
        NDEBUG but if he wants to use it the backend shouldn't output
        anything)
      * Don't use // (C++ style comments), some older compilers don't like
        them
      * Please check if all global variables and functions are "static" (I
        didn't look to closely but I think I saw some structs without static)

    The patch for sanei_scsi.c is already included in the CVS version of
    SANE, isn't it?

    Bye,
      Henning