Re: Agfa Snapscan 310 color problem

From: Karlheinz Günster (karlheinz.guenster@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 07:50:05 PST

    Am Son, 29 Okt 2000 schrieb Sébastien Sablé:
    > karlheinz.guenster@t-online.de (Karlheinz Günster) writes:
    >
    > > I'm not shure, perhaps is my problem similar with the Snapscan 600
    > > too. I can get no scans with resolutions over 300 dpi with the
    > > transparency-unit. What do you think, Sébastien, are your changes
    > > for me too?
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > could you explain more precisely : "I get no scans with resolutions
    > over 300dpi with the transparency unit"? Does it block while scanning?
    > Is it specific to the transparency-unit? Does your scanner normally
    > supports >300dpi?

    Hallo,

    excuse this late answer please, but somewhat has thrown me out
    of this mailinglist.

    I have test my Snapscan 600:

    Flatbed:

    Grey Resolution 300 8,3 MB -> 20 Seconds
    Grey Resolution 600 33,2 MB -> 6 minutes

    color Resolution 100 2,8 MB -> 30 seconds, picture not ok
    color Resolution 150 6,2 MB -> 1:20 minutes, xsane hangs on end of
    scanning, picture not ok

    color Resolution 200 11,1 MB -> 1:20 xsane hangs, picture not ok

    color Resolution 300 24,9 MB -> doesn't work xsane hangs
    color Resolution 600 24,9 MB -> doesn't work xsane hangs

    With transparencyunit:

    Grey Resolution 300 6,8 MB -> 0:20
    Grey Resolution 600 27,3 MB -> 1:45

    Color Resolution 50 0,5 MB -> 0:15 picture not ok
    Color Resolution 75 1,3 MB -> 0:15 picture not ok xsane hangs
    Color Resolution 100 6,8 MB -> 0:15 picture not ok xsane hangs
    Color Resolution 200 9,1 MB -> 1:25 picture not ok xsane hangs
    Color Resolution 300 20,4 MB -> xsane hangs

    With xscanimage the results are the same.

    In the next time I will install your patch and tell you the results.

    Greetings
    Karlheinz

    --
    E-Mail: karlheinz.guenster@t-online.de