Re: [snapscan] Core testing group

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 08:08:47 PST

    sane-devel@mostang.com wrote:
    > We had a group of people with different models willing to test new
    > versions of snapscan. Are you still there?

    > To achieve this, I would need to know the model, the string, if it
    > works now (with snapscan-30102000), the maximum resolution, the
    > supposed class; Here is what I have for the moment:

    [ list deleted ]

    This information is very useful. Do you think we should include it
    in the snapscan.desc file somehow?

    I got extremely busy the last two weeks and haven't contributed any
    thing. I haven't even gotten to try your patches.

    Here is my initial report based on sane-1.0.1 and sane-1.0.3 and the USB patches I put on the web page.

    Acer 640BU (Not labeled as a Prisa for some reason!)
    FlatbedScanner20
    Works under 1.0.1, stops halfway through with 1.0.3. Probably
     fixed by Sebastien's patches.
    19200 dpi I think. I only tried 1200 dpi but the image was to large
     for any of my viewers to load it. Its described as 48-bits on the box but I downloaded the specs for the scanner chip it uses and it says something about 14 bits only. I'll get back to you on this stuff. It may be more useful to describe the scanners dpi not by model names but the actual optical chip used.

    Chris