[snapscan] Core testing group

From: Sébastien Sablé (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 12:01:06 PST

    We had a group of people with different models willing to test new
    versions of snapscan. Are you still there?

    I'd like to get feedback for the snapscan version at:
    http://download.sourceforge.net/snapscan
    snapscan-30102000.tar.gz or later if available.

    It should work with all the SCSI models (or I think that I know how to
    correct things for all of them). I don't know what is the status for
    USB scanners.

    By the way some people reported some model strings which don't match
    the model in snapscan.h so it would be great if we could enumerate
    them as well.

    I would like to regroup all scanners into classes,
    my guess is that there are 3 of them :
    1. SNAPSCAN300 (up to 300dpi blocking mode)
    2. SNAPSCAN600 (up to 600dpi blocking mode)
    3. SNAPSCAN600P (up to 600dpi with 128Ko buffer and non-blocking mode)
    It would be easier to manage than what we have now (a model string for
    each model, so we have to put huge tests for each model).

    To achieve this, I would need to know the model, the string, if it
    works now (with snapscan-30102000), the maximum resolution, the
    supposed class; Here is what I have for the moment:

    Acer 300f
    ACERSCAN_A4____1
    Works
    300dpi