Re: HP ScanJet 3300

From: Oliver Neukum (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 05:39:26 PDT

    > Nope the 5300/5300C are the same, the page needs updating. According to the
    > the HP web page I am looking at there is no such scanner as a 5300, it's
    > a 5300C. Which backend does the 5300 use? I was away all last week, and so

    avision

    > far this week I have managed to blow up the hard disk on my Libretto during
    > an upgrade. Normally I do these updates on the train going to work and back,

    Sorry to hear that.

    > which I can't do until the new disk arrives. I will see if I can make some
    > time this evening.

    Thank you.
    In case you lost the mail with the drive:

    Microtek X6 requires SANE-1.0.3
    The kernel driver is in the 2.4.x kernel. The backport won't work.

    Microtek C6 doesn't work at present.
    If there are testers development will continue.

    And of course the stuff about those HP scanners.

            Regards
                    Oliver