Re: [SnapScan] Acer 300/310/610 and wine debugging

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:25:51 PDT

    sorry for breaking the netiquette by replying to myself.

    I just realised the client I use (twack) is some kind of TWAIN
    debugger, so there is a little menu to send any TWAIN request you want
    to the (closed acer) driver which then makes scsi requests to the ASPI
    driver of wine which logs everything to a file!
    So it should be possible to get a complete map of snapscan driver
    answers to TWAIN requests and then implement everything for SANE.

    Am I missing something or is it a perfect reverse-engineering
    platform?

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net