news from microtek2 backend

From: Karsten Festag (karsten.festag@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 14:14:44 PDT

    hello,
    I did some work on the microtek2 backend to get my Phantom 330CX to work
    properly. I had to change the command flow in the sane_start() function
    and I solved the mirroring problem. Furthermore I added code to read,
    calculate and apply the shading data (8 bit color, gray and lineart).
    I would like to know how the things should go on. I didn't hear anything
    from Bernd Schröder for a long time but I think he should look over my
    code and see if it makes problems for example with other models.
    I don't want to attach the code files to this text, I think it makes the
    mailing list to big. If anybody is interested in this code please let me
    know, I will send the code by mail (approx. 50kB).

    Karsten Festag