Re: epson USB scanner (was: Invalid argument)

From: Claus Atzenbeck (claus.atzenbeck@nikocity.de)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 06:09:09 PDT

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Jochen Eisinger wrote:

    > Maybe it's a bug which is already fixed - try the current version (SANE
    > 1.0.3 & EPSON Bakend 0.1.33)

    Thanks Jochen! I was downloading the new RPM from Mandrake and it is
    working now. Well, I didn't pay attention to the dependencies to other
    newer versions (doing "rpm --force"), so xscanimage e.g. does not work
    yet. ("xscanimage: error in loading shared libraries:
    libgimp-1.1.so.25: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    directory")

    I was trying to update all related RPMs, but there were so many that I
    will end up waiting on the new Mandrake release and do a complete
    update.

    To this point I will scan using command line, which is not very
    comfortable, but it works.

    Thanks to everyone who was willing to help me!!

    Claus.