Re: Problem with Mustek 6000CX

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 12:19:37 PDT

    On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 08:04:25PM +0200, Roman Spitzbart wrote:
    > I've installed Sane 1.0.3 on my linux machine running SuSE 6.4. The scanner
    > is connected to the supplied ISA SCSI adapter from Mustek using the
    > g_NCR5380 scsi-driver. Everything works fine, even scaning the whole area is
    > no problem but when i try to specify a region to scan i get the following
    > error message:
    >
    > /tmp # /usr/local/bin/scanimage -l 5 --contrast 0 --resolution 201 --mode
    > Gray > tmp.pnm
    > [mustek] sane_control_option (12)
    > [mustek] sane_control_option: constrain_value error (option 12)
    > scanimage: setting of option --br-x failed (Invalid argument)
    >
    > Am i the only one with this problem? Or has someone found a solution for
    > this?

    After you wrote the same mail to me on 2000-09-24 I had answered this. Didn't
    you get the answer or didn't my solution work? Here is a copy of my answer:

    br-x is the bottom right x position. So this value is probably to big. The
    problem is that scanimage first calculates its x (width) value by doing br-x
    - tl-x.

    Then it gets the new value for top right x tl-x (-l 5) but doesn't
    recalculate it's width. So the old width is used (full scan area) which is
    too wide.

    > Hope you know a workaround for this problem or any other solution.

    Add a width parameter (-x), e.g.:

    scanimage -d mustek:/dev/scanner -l 5 -x 210.9 --contrast 0 --resolution
    201 --mode Gray >/tmp/out2.pnm

    Bye,
      Henning