Re: will my scanner work

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 13:02:15 PDT

    > On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 12:23:42PM +0200, Oliver Schwartz wrote:
    > >
    > > With sane-1.0.3 it should be quite simple. You get the USB files (from
    > > http://www.ginko.de/user/oschwartz/snapscan/snapscan-usb.tgz), remove the
    > > comments for USB includes from snapscan.c and snapscan.h and recompile.
    >
    > OK, I've done that. Certainly easier than trying to hand-patch!

    ... and I keep mixing up the file names... you have to remove the
    #include-comment in snapscan.c and snapscan-scsi.c. I guess this is the cause
    for the crash you experienced.

    O.k., I've learned my lesson and finally set up a web-page with instructions
    for the USB stuff in the snapscan backend. It's available at
    http://www.ginko.de/user/oschwartz/snapscan. I hope this avoids some confusion
    in the future...

    Oliver