Re: scanimage always connects to /dev/video

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 06:29:39 PDT

    Dennis Veatch wrote:

    > I have an Actown VM3520A connected to an NCR53c825 host adapter
    > which identifies the scanner correctly upon boot.
    >
    > Running find-scanner -v shows the scanner as device /dev/scanner and
    > /dev/sgb. However, running scanimage -L shows the following:
    >
    > device `v41:/dev/video' is a V4L BT848(Miro) virtual device.
    >
    > How do I change this to the scanner?

    Hi Dennis,

    it looks like you have a problem with /etc/ld.so.conf
    (make sure /usr/(local/)lib/sane is not listed in /etc/ld.so.conf
    and call ldconfig. May be you should install sane again after that).

    Did you install xsane? If yes, please read the xsane.INSTALL or xsane.PROBLEMS
    of a recent xsane version.

    bye
    Oliver

    --