Re: Additional entries for .desc files and sane-backends.html

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 05:51:05 PDT

    [Henning Meier-Geinitz]
    > An example of the resulting HTML pages is at
    > http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/sane-backends.html . Only
    > mustek.desc and mustek_pp.desc are included (the latter without any
    > changes). The mustek.desc example file is at
    > http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/mustek.desc . The changed
    > sane-desc.el is at
    > http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/sane-desc.el .

    I'm not sure where we should draw the line, but I fear that the web
    page gets too over loaded. It is not good to pack to much information
    into one web page.

    It is already to wide to print nicely using my Netscape. Are we sure
    we want to make it wider? Parhaps a collection of keywords would be a
    simpler way to do the same. Parhaps a info field with "SCSI, ADF,
    etc" instead of one column for each type of information would work?

    Just my initial thoughts.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no