Creating /dev/scanner

From: M. Peck Dickens (peck_d@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 22:58:54 PDT

    Hi there,

    OK, I've recieved my Fujitsu 600c and it works great under SANE!. Now, I want to
    create /dev/scanner and soft link it to /dev/sgd. My question is how do I do
    this properly and then give /dev/scanner the correct permissions so I can
    use SANE as joe user instead of as root and still have security in place?

    I appreciate the work you all do as well as resources this
    provides typical users like me :-)

     --
    Best

    Peck