Re: Plustek (was: Re: test)

From: Arnaud Calvo (arnaud@calvo-france.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 12:44:20 PDT

    On 01-Sep-2000 D Milburn wrote:
    > you should run ldconfig (no arguments) afterwards so that ld can rebuild
    > its library cache (or something far more technical for me to want to
    > understand!)

    Great !
    So now, scanimage -L works, and xscanimage too (I had to "insmod pt_drv"
    before...).

    Ahhhhh ! Thank you very much !
    It was just the problem of /etc/ld.so.conf :-)))

    Would it be usefull for s.o. to have a report on how it works ?
    If so, please tell me how to do it, and I'll do it.

    May i ask/suggest a few things ?

    - I can't configure gimp to be able to use xscanimage as a plugin (I've made a
    symlink into the plug-ins directory, but when i start gimp : the message is
    : <</home/arnaud/.gimp-1.1/plug-ins/xscanimage: GIMP support missing.>>)
    I installed it from an RPM, that's the reason ?

    - when i start xscanimage, it always asks me the device, even if i edit the
    ~/.sane/xscanimage/xscanimage.rc file. How can I fix that ?

    - is it possible to have the preview window open when i start xscanimage ?

    - last, but not least : what is this file format "pnm" ? Is it like a bmp ?

    Thanx again !

    --
    Arnaud Calvo <arnaud@calvo-france.com>
    49240 Avrillé