Re: acer 620 u

From: Ramprasad Rao (ramp@oddjob.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 09:22:50 PDT

    Duncan/Oliver and others,

    Thanks very much for your responses.

    I finally got my acer prisa 620 usb working. I had to make the following
    changes to the sane source code. I'm not a C hacker so please let me know
    if these are incorrect.

    My system is an iMac running Linux for PowerPC and these changes have only
    been tested on my machine. Kernel version 2.2.17pre10 with the usb-backport
    from 2.4.0-test2-pre2.

    1. File: backend/snapscan-usb.c Line 196

    - semctl(sem_id, 0, IPC_RMID, 0);
    + semctl(sem_id, 0, IPC_RMID);

    2. File dll.conf:

    Removed all lines except snapscan.

    With the supplied dll.conf I kept getting a segfault with no debugging
    output with SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255

    3. File snapscan.conf

    scsi AGFA
    scsi COLOR
    scsi Color
    /dev/usbscanner

    Once again thanks to all who responded. I have no idea how to submit these as
    patches to the 'sane' source code.

    Ramprasad