Re: bug in mustek_pp

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gno.de)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 01:16:32 PDT

    Hi!

    [Douglas Hardison]
    > Jochen,
    >
    > I still can't manage to get a picture. I inserted the new
    > mustek_pp.c into the backend directory, did a 'make distclean' and
    > recompiled/installed.

    That's strange. However, you could try the version 0.8-devel of the
    backend which introduces some new concepts. I tried this backend with a
    scanner with same ASIC/CCD as yours and it worked. You can get this
    version from http://home.germany.net/freestyle/sane/

    > I'm running RedHat Linux with kernel 2.2.16 (compiled
    > myself). Does it make any difference whatsoever that I have an SMP kernel?
    I don't know, but I don't think so.

    > If there's any other information I can provide, just let
    > me know.

    If it still doesn't work, let me know. I'll send you then a little tool
    which produces some 10-20 MB of debug output...

    -- jochen