Re: Acer ScanPrisa 640UT

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 12:58:33 PDT

    > It seems that the firmware which makes the scanner sound (initialise?)
    > most like windows is u64v119.bin. (reports model FlatbedScanner16)
    > With this firmware transferred (I assume USB is working thus far),
    > scanimage then does nothing:

    Too bad. Does "scanimage -L" return anything?
    The scanner is identified from the strings it returns during initialization.
    Maybe you can mail me the output of 'acerscan -v', since this also contains
    those identifying strings.

    > usb Color
    > /dev/usbscanner

    This should read 'scsi Color', since USB is only an add-on to the SCSI layer at
    the moment. You may also try to add 'scsi COLOR' since I haven't checked if the
    comparison is case sensitive.

    Good luck,

    Oliver