Re: [patch] sane 1.0.3 for linux + xsane problems

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 02:36:08 PDT

    Douglas Gilbert wrote:

    > Downloaded xsane 0.61 and it built clean but failed with
    > my Umax 1220S scanner. It gave a "Failed to start scanner:
    > Device busy" error. It also lost track of the scan head
    > and after several retries bashed the head against the
    > far end of the mechanism. [Also retried xsane 0.59 with
    > sane 1.0.3 and it failed the same way.] Haven't seen
    > anything like this before.

    Hi Doug,
    I didn't realize at first that you mentioned two different problems.

    Is it correct that the problem only occurs with xsane but not with xscanimage?

    So let's try to find out a bit about this problem:
    - what was the last version (build=?) of the umax backend you used before sane-1.0.3 that worked correct?
    - The "Failed to start scanner" does not always happen?

    Please edit umax.c, line 3951 and change the -1 to 0 for
    dev->pause_after_reposition

    then reset the scanner (off/on)

    and tell me if that changes anything!

    Bye