Re: Code freeze for 1.0.3

From: Yuri Dario (mc6530@mclink.it)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 02:57:05 PDT

    >Ok, if it is a relative simple change we can include it in the sourcecode.

    actually things are a lot easier than one year ago :-)

    I have managed to get most changes using macro preprocessing. Now
    waitpid(), kill(), fork() are routed to sanei_thread_* functions using
    preprocessor macros.
    To properly wrap fork() I have added a new variable that is needed for
    sanei_thread_begin(); it is the pointer to the scanner data structure.
    Also the write end of the pipe must not be closed, and this require
    only a #ifdef ... #endif around it.

    There is also a new function called os2_reader_process: it is executed
    in the second thread and is responsable of calling the reader()
    function. It's code is quite the same on all backends, needs only to
    have the correct reader() prototype call.

    Having a common way to invoke the reader process will simplify coding a
    lot.

    Actually my changes compiled on all backends but HP: this has a
    different approach to fork.

    I hope to get a common approach about threading in the future.

    Bye,

            Yuri Dario

    /*
     * member of TeamOS/2 - Italy