Re: Code freeze for 1.0.3

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:56:57 PDT

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > [Oliver Rauch]
    > > I just saw that we still install the sanei_*.h header files to the
    > > system include/sane directory. These files are not part of the sane
    > > api and should not be installed.
    > >
    > > We also should think about config.h, I think that file also should
    > > not be installed.
    >
    > Wouldn't these files be used by backends (distributed separately) when
    > compiling?

    the sanei routines are not part of the sane api. There also is no library
    libsanei or something like that.
    If a backend wants to compile separately from the sane package it has to
    come with the sanei_*.c and sanei_*.h files if it likes to use sanei-routines.

    A backend that compiles separatley from the sane package also should not
    assume that sane.h and saneopts.h is installed on the system. It should compile
    on a SANE-free system.
    But such backends should be included into the sane package if possible.

    the sane.h and saneopts.h file are files for compiling frontends (software that
    uses the installed backends).

    Bye
    Oliver

    --