man page sane-scsi

From: Bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 16:48:52 PDT

    1. Just a comment on this page. In the linux section it talks about
    scanners not being turned on at boot/powerup and using the line:

     echo "scsi add-single-device 2 0 5 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

    I've not been able to get this to work. However, simply doing something
    like:

            modprobe /lib/modules/...path to scsi mods/aha152x.o

    works perfectly. Might want to add this to the docs.

    2. Now, can someone help with this....I never needed to do the above
    until just recently when I added cd-burner using the pseudo=scsi driver.
    I have the following in my /etc/conf.modules:

            alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x
            post-install sg modprobe aha152x
            options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9

    and I'm thinking that I need to change it. But, I don't see what?? Oh,
    should the 'sg' be changed to the 'sgb' since this is now my scanner
    device? I really don't understand this entire sg* stuff...I was under
    the impression that the whole works was supposed to be dynamic, but here
    I am still manually setting things up. Had to set the cdrom to use
    'sga'...

    Thanks.

    --
       __