Re: Xsane

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 08:33:10 PDT

    > Thanks to all of you,
    > I reset the permissions to 444 for /dev/sg0 and was hoping it will
    > work, but it didn't, than I uninstalled sane and Xsane completely (to avoid
    > having two versions on the system) and reinstalled it, now xsane tells
    > me that it can't find library libsane* so may be I should add the line
    > /usr/lib/sane in /etc/ (because currently the line is not
    > there?! Fortunatley scanimage is still working...

    Hi Rolf,

    if you use sane-1.0.1 you must add the path to /etc/ (and call ldconfig as root),
    for sane-1.0.2 the path MUST NOT be added to!

    I suggest to update to 1.0.2 instead of adding the path!

    E-Mail:         mailto:Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE

    -- Source code, list archive, and docs: To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail