Re: scanimage feature request (patch available)

From: Ingo Wilken (Ingo.Wilken@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 07:14:18 PDT

    > > I'd like to see support for an environment variable
    > > SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE in scanimage, which overrides the default device
    > > selection if no device is specified on the commmand line. A patch
    > > for 1.0.2 is available at
    > > http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~ingo/sane/defdevice.patch
    > Looks like a reasonable change to me. If no one beats me to it, I'll
    > put it into CVS this evening.

    I already did it this morning, since nobody answered to my mail 'til
    then. That was probably a bit rude, but I really wanted to get this
    thing in before the freeze so I don't have to create yet another
    inofficial patch for the next release.

    > Hm, I do not remember seeing it before. Good thing I managed to
    > discover it today. Parhaps xscanimage should be changed to use the
    > same environment as well?

    I never used xscanimage, but both frontends should behave the same as
    much as possible.

    > There is by the way no one actively maintaining scanimage (or
    > xscanimage). Do you want to volunteer?

    Well, I don't know much about X/GIMP programming (to be precise, nothing
    at all, and I don't even use GIMP). But maintaining scanimage is ok for
    me.

    Regards,
    Ingo