Re: Mustek A3SP (SCSI)

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 11:26:07 PDT

    On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 07:36:28PM +0200, Francesco Anselmo wrote:
    > Today I compiled sane in order to get my Mustek A3SP SCSI scanner working
    > on my linux box. The SCSI card is recognized by the kernel (it is a DMX3139 PCI,
    > kernel 2.4.0-test1) and find-scanner outputs three lines telling me that
    > the scanner is ok and is /dev/sga or /dev/sg0 or /dev/scanner.
    > Unfortunately when I type scanimage -L I only get the two pnm:0 and pnm:1
    > devices, nothing more ... :_(
    > The files in /etc are ok (I checked them so many times and I'm almost sure ...).
    > Has anybody successed with this scanner or should I just forget about it?

    The only Mustek A3 Scanner that is supported at the moment is the Mustek
    Paragon 1200 A3 Pro. Could you please get the latest Mustek backend from
    http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/ , compile and install it and send a debug
    output to me (export SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5; scanimage -L 2>debug.log)?

    Thank you,
      Henning