Re: Adding interface column to website and .desc?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 23:27:26 PDT

    > It would be nice if somebody could look into this or just test if
    > the generation of sane-backends.html works (it does for me).

    Sounds good and looks good. I did not test it, but it is a good idea.

    > :interface may be used with any string. "SCSI", "USB", "Parallel"
    > (or EPP/SPP/ECP?) and "Proprietary" come to mind.

    I think there should be a limited list of "official" interface strings
    to avoid inconsistencies like Scsi, SCSI and Parport, Parallell, EPP,
    etc? Capital SCSI and USB and Parport (type) sounds like a good
    choice to me.

    BTW: What would we write for SCSI over proprietary parport card?

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no