Adding interface column to website and .desc?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henningmg@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 14:23:30 PDT

    is anybody against adding an "interface" column to the sane-backends.html
    webpage by adding this keyword to sane-desc.el? The changed file can be
    downloaded here:
    http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/sane-desc.el

    It would be nice if somebody could look into this or just test if the
    generation of sane-backends.html works (it does for me).

    An example of sane-backends.html (with mustek.desc and musteka4s2.desc
    updated) is here:
    http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/download/sane-backends.html

    If nobody objects to this I will add this to CVS.

    The .desc file would look like this:

    :model "ScanMagic 9636S Plus"
    :interface "SCSI"

    :interface may be used with any string. "SCSI", "USB", "Parallel" (or
    EPP/SPP/ECP?) and "Proprietary" come to mind.

    The .desc files should be updated, too. I can do this for the unmaintained
    backends (at least for those I know or can guess the type of interface).

    Bye,
      Henning