Re: saned doesn't find sane service...

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 08:27:02 PDT

    [Jochen Eisinger]
    > But there is the apropriate line in /etc/services... however the man
    > page for getservbyname() says that setservent(int) has to be callen
    > before getservbyname() which is used to determine the port
    > number. When I'm surrounding the getservbyname() call with
    > setservent(int) and endservent(), everything works fine. It looks
    > something like:

    Which platform is this? I noticed similar, but totaly clear,
    information in the Linux RedHat 6.2 man page. This is the first time
    I hear about the setservent() and endservent() functions. Do they
    exist on all platforms?

    If anyone can verify this, I'll add it to the CVS repository. I find
    this very strange, as I know this have been working earlier.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no