Re: Accer 620ST and Snapscan woes.

From: Simon Edwards (simoned@eisa.net.au)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 15:04:34 PDT

    Steffen Kluge wrote:

    > On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 08:36:34PM +1000, Simon Edwards wrote:
    > > I'm trying to get my Accer 620ST up and running on my Mandrake
    > > 7.0-mobile.
    > I couldn't get it to work with the bundled card either. It works
    > a lot better with a Tekram DC315U. See my recent post to this
    > list.

    That's not what I wanted to hear. :-) I read your post. WRT the buddled
    card, kudzu detected it and set it up to use 'atp870u'. kudzu thinks it
    is a "Artop Electronic Corp|AEC6712D SCSI".

    Check this out for a now you don't see it, now you do. This is first
    thing in the morning. The machine and scanner have been on all night.
    The scanner looks a bit sleepy in the morning:

    -------
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
    Attached devices: none
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]# tools/find-scanner
    find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_9 0115" at device
    /dev/scannerfind-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_9 0115" at
    device /dev/sg0
    find-scanner: found scanner "Color FlatbedScanner_9 0115" at device
    /dev/sga
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
    Attached devices:
    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
      Vendor: Color Model: FlatbedScanner_9 Rev: 0115
      Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]#
    --------

    Anyone know what is going on? How do I turn on the debug info for the
    snapscan backend?
    (I might play around with the code a bit). Finally, does this error
    message below mean that the backend sent a message to the scanner, but
    the scanner didn't identify itself, and hence the backend thought that
    nothing was connected there?

    ----
    [root@zootv /usr/src/sane-1.0.2]# scanimage -d snapscan:/dev/scanner
    scanimage: open of device snapscan:/dev/scanner failed: Invalid argument
    ----
    I'm thinking that the backend can't detect the scanner...

    TIA,

    Simon Edwards simon@simonzone.com