Re: Saned and Inetd not getting along - at all

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 12:51:04 PDT

    Ashley Gittins wrote:

    > I added these lines to /etc/inetd.conf:
    > # SANE
    > # Provides network scanner Access
    > #
    > sane stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/saned saned

    I think on RedHat systems it should be
    sane stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd saned

    however, your configuration should work also...

    > I sent inetd a sighup by 'kill -s SIGHUP 453' (453 is pid of inetd).

    on redhat systems you can use /etc/rc.d/init.d/inet restart for this...

    > Anyone know how I get saned to be launched by inetd?

    Try to start inetd in debug mode (inetd -d). First, you'll have to stop
    the running copy using "/etc/rc.d/init.d/inet stop" and then execute
    "inetd -d" - maybe the debug output gives a little more information
    about your problem...

    -- jochen