Old handheld scanners

From: Harald Bauer (hbauer@online.de)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 14:05:04 PDT

    is there somebody on this list who wants to get his old
    handscanner to work with sane?

    Probably it is possible to do this with the LHII backend.

    As there has been no feedback to my "LHII-mails", I think
    there is either nobody on this list who owns such a scanner, or
    the ones who have such a scanner don't know anything about LHII.

    LHII means "Linux Handscanner Ioctl Interface". There exist some
    linux-device drivers for handheldscanners, that have their own
    interfacecard.
    These drivers have all the same API on ioctl level.

    To get an overview of these drivers and the supported scanners, please
    hava a
    look at

      http://www.willamowius.de/scanner.html

    If there is somebody who is interested to get such a scanner to work
    with sane
    please contact me, as i can only continue to improve this backend with
    informations
    of coperation of other handscanners with this backend (I have a mustek
    CG-6000 handscanner).

    You can find the LHII-backend under

      ftp://www.cs.ubishops.ca/pub/lhii

    CU, Harald