PenguMetrics, was Re: Automake rules for sane backend?

From: Robert Schwebel (robert@schwebel.de)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 14:39:01 PDT

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, A E Lawrence wrote:
> Sounds interesting. Which Spectrometer?

I've started with the OceanOptics SAD500, because it has a simple serial
interface. In the meantime we have found somebody who has written a device
driver for the OceanOptics ADC500/PC500 spectrometer, so I'll try to
support that one as well.

> I'm not sure that the Linux community is "normal" :-)

I'm quite sure the Linux community is *NOT* normal. If you are unsure
about this please have a look at

http://wormwood.lk.etc.tu-bs.de/~blt/wmlcd/archiv/tux/wolfgang_badet/index.html

:-)

> It contains a great many scientists, many of whom may be interested.

If you are interested please look at my PenguMetrics homepage.
PenguMetrics will be a spectrometry software based on open standards and
data formats. Here you'll find the homepage:

  http://www.schwebel.de/software/pengumetrics/index_en.html

You should also think about joining the mailing lists.

Cheers,
Robert